Obligatory New Year Blog Post

Apparently, as my social worker told me a couple of weeks ago, Christmas and New Year are busy times at Children's Social Care.  How depressing is that?

I was going to write a really deep and meaningful blog post about this, perhaps exploring some of the reasons why there is so much sadness and hopelessness during this season which should be about the very heart of our hope, but I find that I just can't.  I'm between foster children at the moment, and I don't want to speculate about what the little one I will next receive into my home has experienced at Christmas time, and how far that might be from the warm, golden Christmases I remember as a child.

I've spent a gorgeous Christmas with my family.  I've enjoyed watching my nephews' excitement over their presents and I've eaten the best in Christmas food.  We've laughed together and played cards together and talked together.  We've had long lazy days in a warm, comfortable home, and I've received some pretty excellent gifts!

So, I can easily start the New Year by saying that I am thankful.  I am thankful for my family who love me, and for my friends who are always there for me.  I am thankful that I have an 'ample sufficiency'!  I am thankful most of all to my Heavenly Father in whom every single day is a chance for a fresh start, not just New Year's Day!

Happy New Year everybody!

Comments

Popular Posts