This doesn't mean that I'm not proud of them, or that I don't wish that you could all share in their cuteness. So occasionally I like to create a blog record of my favourite things about a particular child at a particular time. I've posted similar posts before about OB and, back in the day, about NB, but now it's Birdy's turn.
Darling Birdy, here are the things I love most about you right now:
- Your beautiful hair, all thick and soft and curly
- The way you wrinkle your nose when you are really laughing
- Your determination to get around and the progress you are making now you've got the hang of it, from bottom shuffling, to crawling, to standing and now to cruising
- The way you love shoes and amuse us by bottom shuffling around the house with one of OB's wellies in each hand
- Your chubby, chubby legs!
- The way you pose for the camera, breaking out into massive smiles and giggles whenever you see one
- The 'reading' that you do with your tiny books, turning the pages and shouting out the 'words'
- Your love of pasta - it really is a thing of legend
- The faces you pull, especially your 'gurning' face
- How, when you are shy, you come for a cuddle - priceless!
- The way you are trying so hard to talk, copying the inflections of my words even though you can't make all the sounds yet
- The smile you greet me with first thing in the morning, little sunshine
- Your four, almost five, sparkly white teeth
- Your delayed response, shouting 'Hiya' and 'Ba Ba' just a few moments too late almost every time!
Birdy, you're an absolute treasure, a delight and a blessing!